Reports to: General Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Integrated Openings Solutions, LLC (“IOS”) is a commercial and architectural openings solutions company. We provide industry leading commercial doors and hardware products and services to help make buildings smart, aesthetically pleasing, code compliant and sustainable.
The Detailer is responsible for submittals, coordination, and detailing of Door, Frame and Hardware packages for Commercial Construction projects.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to detail all types of projects and scopes from small TI’s to large condos, hotels, etc. Has the capability to demonstrate extreme attention to detail.
- Can read and understand blueprints and specification documents
- Knowledge of door hardware, hollow metal, wood doors, STC, FSC and Leed.
- Knowledge of building codes as they relate to door, frame and hardware applications such as fire codes, windstorm, ADA, life safety and other codes that relate to the general commercial construction industry.
- Is able to prepare detailed submittals and shop drawings using DFH Software, which IOS uses Comsense.
- Is able to perform revisions, change orders, attend job site meetings, etc. as requested.
- Other Duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in the Door, Frame, and Hardware Industry
- Bachelor’s or Tech Degree in Engineering or related degree (Preferred)
- DHI Certifications a plus
- Experience working in Comsense is a plus.
- Detail Oriented, deadline conscious and goal driven.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and familiar with CAD.
- Ability to read blueprints and specification documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creates a personal connection with customers, acts friendly and respectful with a positive attitude.
- Has good analytical and problem-solving skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Is detail-orientated and has good organizational and time management skills.
- Works well as a team player.
• No Supervisory Responsibilities.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.